Saturday, December 29, 2012

Be the change...

I realized that it has been way too long since I posted on my blog.  So many wonderful events have transpired since my last post. We are now in the new age, which I had always hoped would be a kinder, gentler time.  Though we have faced adversity in the past months, and much violence, I want to project the intention for peace and joy in this coming time.

A most joyful time of year is happening now, and I am using my energy to be forgiving, loving and proactive.  This may seem like an unusual combination, but I have never believed in lying back and waiting for "it" to happen.  I believe we do need to be the change we wish to see in the world.  This requires action, even if it is action in intention.

A simple way to practice this is to change our self-talk.  Say - "I believe that today is a good day. I know that today is a good day.  Today is a good day."  When you first get up in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror and say "I look good today.  I feel good today.  I am good."  Say - "I am loved.  I feel loved.  I feel loving today."  Practice compassion with yourself.

These thoughts and feelings do not make us into fools, or more easily deceived.  They do not set us up to be taken advantage of.  No, they set the tone for what we expect as we step forward into our days, into the outside world, into our daily lives.

Give it a whirl, and let me know what happens.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment