Our non-negotiables - no hitting, no cheating, mutual ground rules for both.
Angel and Marc's piece, below, gives a number of good suggestions for a happy life together. Read on for details. I'm giving a brief synopsis here, but for the complete piece, go to their blog, Angel and Marc Hack Life, an edited version of which follows here.
"All intimate relationships are built on a foundation of honesty, trust, and attraction, but what do happy couples do differently to keep their love thriving in the long run?
1. They make plenty of time for each other.
2. They don’t beat around the bush.
3. They meet in the middle and work together.
4. Their actions consistently backup their claims of love.
5. They respect each other’s humanness.
6. They focus on what they like about each other.
7. There is far more between them than physical attraction.
8. They resolve conflicts through love, not retaliation.
9. They open up to each other, especially in trying times.
10. They are committed to growing together.
AfterthoughtsThe best relationships are not just about the good times you share, they’re also about the obstacles you go through together, and the fact that you still say “I love you” in the end. And loving someone isn’t just about saying it every day, it’s showing it every day in every way."
Again, for the complete piece, well worth reading, feel free to visit the original blog, Angel and Marc Hack Life.