Sunday, January 10, 2010

All the little stuff


My desk piles up with, well, stuff. All the stuff that needs to be done for my daughters, my work, our home, myself, the dogs, everything, just ends up on my desk. The birthday chocolates from Valerie sit there, for my constant consideration. The photos of my children, my nieces and nephews, surround me. The rebate forms that need to be sent, the paperwork my lawyer advised has to get done, the undone bill, the uncredited payment verification, the plans for this summer, all of this sits on my desk. Photos, Purel, a Christmas gift to use, a favorite phrase from a dear client, "forgiveness is letting go of the hope of a better past" hangs from my lamp for me to absorb every day. The Christmas cards that arrived too late for me to respond, and the Bing Crosby cds from my father, right here, next to a speech from His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and prayer cards of the Blessed Mother, Saint Francis and Jesus, in infant of Prague form. A gift certificate to a favorite spa sits unused, so far! That's the top layer.

Wish me luck getting through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment