Monday, June 15, 2009

Make a plan

I made a plan today. I am going to the Newport Folk Festival with my daughters and my sis. Jenn, my youngest sibling, writes a column called Full Frontal for the Newport Mercury, and she covers all of Newort's festivals. When I was a kid it was a dream of mine to go to the Jazz Festival, the Folk Festival, etc. In the past few years I have been able to fulfill this fond wish. I have to tell you, it may be hot, it may be on an island that has almost no shade, but the music is worth it. Here is the link: http://www.folkfestival50.com/
Also, it is great to make a plan. Making a plan can bring you up, help you transcend, give you something to look forward to. It can be a big plan that requires concert tix or moving or changing a job, or it can be a small plan like finding the latest Michael Crichton book at the local library or planning a walk when the weather breaks.

The important thing about a plan is that it makes you happy, doesn't break the bank, and is healthful for you. It should be thoughtful and definitely not detrimental to your wellbeing.

Good luck with your plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment