Sunday, May 10, 2009

Zest


There is a philosophy that any conflict that presents itself to me might be a manifestation of what I have been projecting out there, or because I have been thinking about conflict.

Let's get to the blame game. I will not take responsibility for someone else's actions. The only thing I can do is be in the present moment. The only thing I can change is how I, myself, react to conflict around me.

There is a philosophy that if difficulty comes into my life, it is because there is a lesson in it for me and I must learn the lesson or be doomed to repeat it.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. What if I have no water or sugar? Maybe the lesson is that there is more than one option. Maybe I am supposed to use the lemon seeds to grow a tree (which ultimately brings more lemons), or use the zest in a Barefoot Contessa recipe (Ina Garten loves zest). Now we are getting to it - maybe we are supposed to have zest in our lives.

How will you deal with the zest today?

No comments:

Post a Comment